Job Display - Return to Search Results
Product Developer CBCL Fresh - Mississauga Ontario
The position of Product Developer will appeal to individuals who are passionate about participating in the creation and execution of new and improved products. The individual will need to be self-motivated, team oriented, enjoy a fast-paced environment, dogged in their pursuit of the end goal and capable of bringing creative approaches to trouble shooting and problem resolution. Must also enjoy the hands-on nature of the job that will require involvement in both pilot and plant activities. A passion for food science and technology with an ability to use Science and Technology to drive Innovation and meet consumers’ needs will be important. Position Responsibilities:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Develops new products from concept inception to final plant execution
- Participates in cross functional teams responsible for projects
- Conducts pilot and plant trials
- Develops product costs and Bills of Materials
- Maintains project files to ensure collection and transfer of learning and knowledge
- Conducts competitive reviews to assist in identifying opportunities
- Maintains current knowledge by reading and disseminating academic and trade literature
- Is fully abreast of market food trends and constantly brings new ideas for innovation
- Interfaces with and leverages the supplier community to achieve project goals
- Participates in product sensory trials using internal and external panels
- Ensures Regulatory compliance of products by interfacing with Regulatory Affairs
- Utilizes good project management skills in the conduct of their duties
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Has the ability to provide training and influence through strong presentation skills
- Travel to other plants in the system or co-manufacturing sites is required
- This role may require hours in excess or outside of normal working hours to accommodate testing which is dependent upon line availability in the bakery.
- B.A.Sc. in Food Science or a related Science discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Product Development, preferably in Bakery
- Functionally competent in MS Office programs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication in English (French and Spanish are a plus)
Our associates include people who are enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We invite you to explore our Careers section to discover more about our high performance culture and how we build leaders at Canada Bread.
If you believe that this role could be a perfect fit for you, please send a cover letter and updated resume in Word format by clicking “Apply Now” below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Valid driver license is required. More information on this Job
ID: 9260208 - Save Job
: Transport Jobs
Not everyone is familiar with the Canada Bread name; however, if you live in Canada, you have almost certainly enjoyed at least one of our many products at breakfast, lunch or dinner... Our work is baked into life. Every meal. Every day.
Breads, buns, tortillas, bagels, English muffins, snack cakes, desserts. Each day our associates rise to bake the freshest, highest-quality products in these categories, serve our customers, and learn from one another. Our mission is to nourish, delight and serve Canada.
We are a strong and sound company. Headquarted in Etobicoke, Ontario, we have been in business for more than 100 years. In May 2014, the company was purchased by Grupo Bimbo, the worlds largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. In 2015, Canada Bread completed the purchase of Vachon Bakery. Canada Bread strives to be a highly productive and deeply humane company. Our 4,400 associates and our 950 franchisees and distributors across Canada work every day to achieve our vision of becoming the best baking company in the world and a leader in the food industry.
Canada Bread Careers