Job Display - Return to Search Results
Senior Product Developer Product Development CBCL Fresh - Mississauga Ontario
We are currently looking to hire a Sr Product Developer to join our Innovation and Product Development team in Mississauga, ON. This role requires a passionate self-motivated individual hands-on team player managing and participating in new product development activities towards scale-up executions. A passion for food science and technology with an ability to use Science and Technology to drive Innovation and meet consumers’ needs will be important.
Strong communication skills are required to effectively connect with the National Product Development and Marketing Teams. The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to effectively engage with functional leaders. This role may require hours in excess or outside of normal working hours to accommodate testing which is dependent upon line availability in the bakery. This role will also require occasional travel which may vary between periods of 0% travel up to 50% in a given month.
The Sr Product Developer will apply his/her technical, project management, and business acumen to lead product developers and project teams toward the right decisions on product innovation, re-design, commercial scale implementation, and project execution.
- Drive innovation, keep abreast of market trends and new technologies
- Product design and scale-up commercialization
Understand product performance and create solutions to deficiencies using technical knowledge, research guidance testing and plant trial testing.
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership
Lead within the project teams to keep the innovation and commercialization work synchronized with the other aspects of national product launch efforts.
Lead with the bakery and support teams to ensure no issues with production startup of new products by getting buy-in and implementation of the changes required to run new products.
- Project documentation and communication.
Required Skills & Experience:
- The preferred candidate will possess a PhD degree in Food Science with a minimum of 3 to 5 years in product development experience encompassing concept to launch of new products.
- Must have hands-on experience working in large scale food industry environment. Knowledge of various bakery processes and equipment is a definite asset along with the ability to conduct lab / bench top baking.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle a number of projects at various stages of development.
- Strong people management skills and experienced in providing leadership and direction to product developers and ability to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders for commercialization requirements.
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Must have an advanced understanding and knowledge of food chemistry, ingredients impacting fermentation, formulae, statistics and recipe costing requirements.
Our associates include people who are enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We invite you to explore our Careers section to discover more about our high performance culture and how we build leaders at Canada Bread.
If you believe that this role could be a perfect fit for you, please send a cover letter and updated resume in Word format by clicking “Apply Now” below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Valid driver license is required. More information on this Job
ID: 9260207 - Save Job
: Transport Jobs
Not everyone is familiar with the Canada Bread name; however, if you live in Canada, you have almost certainly enjoyed at least one of our many products at breakfast, lunch or dinner... Our work is baked into life. Every meal. Every day.
Breads, buns, tortillas, bagels, English muffins, snack cakes, desserts. Each day our associates rise to bake the freshest, highest-quality products in these categories, serve our customers, and learn from one another. Our mission is to nourish, delight and serve Canada.
We are a strong and sound company. Headquarted in Etobicoke, Ontario, we have been in business for more than 100 years. In May 2014, the company was purchased by Grupo Bimbo, the worlds largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. In 2015, Canada Bread completed the purchase of Vachon Bakery. Canada Bread strives to be a highly productive and deeply humane company. Our 4,400 associates and our 950 franchisees and distributors across Canada work every day to achieve our vision of becoming the best baking company in the world and a leader in the food industry.
Canada Bread Careers