Job Display - Return to Search Results
Machine Operator - Moncton NB
Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.POSITION SUMMARY:
As a Machine Operator, you will operate at least one, and possibly, a variety of machines depending on the type of product being produced and/or work being performed. HOURLY RATE AND PREMIUMS OFFERED:
- $21.25 to start with an increase of 0.50 cents upon the completion of your probationary period
- We offer a shift premium of 0.65 cents which shall be paid for all hours worked between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- There is a potential for overtime hours in which all time worked in excess of eight (8) hours daily or forty (40) hours weekly, but not both, will be paid at time and one-half
- We offer 32-40 hours per week
- Set up, operate and adjust industrial machines
- Observe gauges, computer printouts, and video monitors to ensure correct processing
- Prepare products for distributions (this may include: wrapping, packaging, shipping)
- Check product quality and adjust as necessary
- Clean and sanitize machine, equipment and main processing area
- Maintain shift logs and record of other data
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Follow safe work practices and wear personal protective equipment at all times
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- A grade 12 education is required or equivalent experience will be considered
- Previous experience working within a food production plant and operating multi-functional process control machinery would be considered an asset
- We require positive individuals with flexibility to work varying shifts from Sunday-Friday with the possibility of working overtime
- Candidates must have ability to work 8 hour shifts and up to 2 hours of overtime if required
- Candidates should have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
- Candidates must have manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination as well as attention to detail skills as they are a key requirement for this position
- Candidate must have the ability to read and understand written instructions and/or specifications as well as the ability to understand verbal directions
- Candidates must have solid numerical skills
- Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of following all Attendance, Health & Safety protocols as well as GMP and Food Safety regulations at all times
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Candidates must be punctual, reliable, and flexible
- Candidates must have their own reliable transportation
- Candidates must have their own steel-toed safety boots
- Environment: Bakery; this role requires the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Volume of work: Physically demanding work environment that requires to work in a fast-paced environment and involves repetitive tasks such as pushing, pulling, bending, twisting crouching, kneeling and standing for extended periods
- Physical requirements: This role is physically demanding and therefore the candidate must be able to handle weight up to 50lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume by email to Lesley Baker, Human Relations Coordinator at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and post-employment offer test. More information on this Job
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ID: 9176793 - Save Job
: Transport Jobs
Not everyone is familiar with the Canada Bread name; however, if you live in Canada, you have almost certainly enjoyed at least one of our many products at breakfast, lunch or dinner... Our work is baked into life. Every meal. Every day.
Breads, buns, tortillas, bagels, English muffins, snack cakes, desserts. Each day our associates rise to bake the freshest, highest-quality products in these categories, serve our customers, and learn from one another. Our mission is to nourish, delight and serve Canada.
We are a strong and sound company. Headquarted in Etobicoke, Ontario, we have been in business for more than 100 years. In May 2014, the company was purchased by Grupo Bimbo, the worlds largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. In 2015, Canada Bread completed the purchase of Vachon Bakery. Canada Bread strives to be a highly productive and deeply humane company. Our 4,400 associates and our 950 franchisees and distributors across Canada work every day to achieve our vision of becoming the best baking company in the world and a leader in the food industry.
Canada Bread Careers